1. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO SOLVE? It depends a lot on skill level and focus, but our mysteries are designed to be solvable by most people in 2-4 hours.
2. IS THIS APPROPRIATE FOR TEENS OR PRE-TEENS? We have found that parents and teachers vary widely in what they find appropriate for children of different ages. The content of the mysteries is oriented more toward adults, but no more so than you would find on a typical episode of Criminal Minds or CSI on television.
3. WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY FIRST MYSTERY BOX? We ship a new mystery once per month during the last week of each month. We ship via USPS First Class Mail. If you place your subscription order after the cutoff date (usually the 19th or 20th), then your first mystery will ship during the last week of the following month.
4. WHEN WILL I BE BILLED/CHARGED? For month-to-month plans, you’ll pay for your first mystery package as soon as you start your plan. Then you'll be billed monthly on the last day of each month (all of our subscriptions renew on the last day of each month). For multi-month prepaid subscriptions, you'll pay the full plan amount when you place your order. Then you'll be billed again at the end of the subscription term (if your subscription remains active) for the next term. Please note that prepaid subscriptions are not refundable once an order or renewal has occurred.
5. HOW DO I CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION? We give our members complete control over their memberships and it is very easy to cancel an upcoming subscription renewal. Just make sure that you do it at least 48 hours before the renewal date. Once a renewal occurs, it is not refundable. To cancel an upcoming renewal, log-in to your user account on our website and choose the option to cancel your next renewal (just go to the "edit subscription" page in your user account). Please note that if you cancel after a renewal has occurred, you will still receive the remaining mystery box that you already paid for, but your subscription will not renew again.
6. WHY DID MY SUBSCRIPTION RENEW? We are a monthly subscription service that automatically renews every cycle. We want to make sure you don’t miss a single mystery! Subscriptions renew on the last day of the month (for the following month's mystery). We try to make the automatic renewal policy very clear on the site when you order or log into your account, but sometimes it gets missed! You can log into your account and cancel the next upcoming renewal of your subscription at any time.
7. HOW DO I CHANGE MY SHIPPING ADDRESS OR BILLING INFORMATION? Members can access their user accounts online at any time to update information including shipping address, billing address, and payment method.
8. IS THIS APPROPRIATE FOR KIDS OR TEENS? We have found that parents and teachers vary widely in what they find appropriate for children of different ages. The content of the mysteries is oriented more toward adults, but no more so than you would find on a typical episode of Criminal Minds or CSI on television.
DID YOU KNOW? We were honored to be chosen by USA Today for their Top Ten subscription box list! We also produce immersive mysteries in partnership with some of the world’s biggest entertainment and media companies like 21st Century Fox and publisher Penguin Random House.
PLEASE NOTE: Our company has a hiring preference for people with disabilities. You may occasionally receive an email from us that has a missing letter or other small error. We thank you in advance for being respectful and courteous!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org