1. WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY MYSTERY BOX? As a subscription box company (not a store), we ship a new mystery box once per month during the last week of each month to all of our members. We ship via USPS First Class Mail. Most members receive their mystery box before the end of the month, but there are always a few who receive it during the first few week of the next month. Since we ship at the same time each month, we do not send email notifications of shipment. If you placed your original subscription order after the cutoff date (usually the 19th or 20th), then your first mystery will ship during the last week of the following month.
2. WHEN WILL I BE CHARGED? For month-to-month plans, you’ll pay for your first mystery box as soon as you start your plan. Then you'll be billed monthly on the last day of each month. All of our subscriptions renew on the last day of each month. For multi-month prepaid subscriptions, you'll pay the full plan amount when you place your order. Then you'll be billed again at the end of the subscription term (if your subscription remains active) for the next term. Please note that subscription orders and renewals are not refundable.
3. HOW DO I CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION? We give our members complete control over their memberships and it is very easy to cancel an upcoming subscription renewal. Just make sure that you do it at least 48 hours before the renewal date. Once a renewal occurs, it is not refundable. To cancel an upcoming renewal, log-in to your user account on our website and choose the option to cancel your next renewal (just go to the "edit subscription" page in your user account). Please note that if you cancel after a renewal has occurred, you will still receive the remaining mystery box that you already paid for, but your subscription will not renew again.
4. WHY DID MY SUBSCRIPTION RENEW? We are a monthly subscription service that automatically renews every cycle. We want to make sure you don’t miss a single mystery! We do not sell any "one-time" mystery boxes. They are only available by subscription. Subscriptions renew on the last day of the month. We try to make the automatic renewal policy very clear, but sometimes it gets missed. You can log into your account and cancel the next upcoming renewal of your subscription at any time.
5. HOW DO I CHANGE MY SHIPPING ADDRESS OR BILLING INFORMATION? Members can access their user accounts online at any time to update information including shipping address, billing address, and payment method. Just log-in to your user account on our website at www.mysteryexperiencescompany.com.Once you log-in, you will see the “edit” subscription button. Click that. On the next page, there are several different areas where you can click to “edit” information about your account, so make sure you are scrolling down and choosing the correct one from the available options (such as “your subscriptions” or “shipping address” or “credit cards”). Then just input the new information in the appropriate field (you can write over any old information that is no longer correct) and then click “save.”
6. I ALREADY CANCELLED. WHY DID I GET ANOTHER MYSTERY BOX? When you cancel after a renewal has already occurred, you still receive the mystery box for the current month, but your subscription will not renew again. You were not charged or billed again because you already paid for the current mystery box with your last renewal.
7. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO SOLVE? It depends a lot on skill level and focus, but our mysteries are designed to be solvable by most people in 2-4 hours.
8. IS THIS APPROPRIATE FOR TEENS OR PRE-TEENS? We have found that parents and teachers vary widely in what they find appropriate for children of different ages. The content of the mysteries is oriented more toward adults, but no more so than you would find on a typical episode of Criminal Minds or CSI on television.
9. HOW MANY PEOPLE DO I NEED TO PLAY? Our murder mysteries are designed to be enjoyed by a solo investigator, a couple, or in small groups.
DID YOU KNOW? We were honored to be chosen by USA Today for their Top Ten subscription box list! We also produce immersive mysteries in partnership with some of the world’s biggest entertainment and media companies like 21st Century Fox and publisher Penguin Random House.
PLEASE NOTE: Our company has a hiring preference for people with disabilities. You may occasionally receive an email from us that has a missing letter or other small error. We thank you in advance for being respectful and courteous!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org